|Excitebike: BunBun Mario Battle Stadium|
The title screen for ExciteBike: Bunbun Mario Battle
Keiko Izawa(Title Logo design)
|First Broadcast(s)||May 11, 1997 (Week 1)|
May 18, 1997 (Week 2)
Nov. 2, 1997 (Week 3)
Nov. 9, 1997 (Week 4)
|Rerun(s)||July 6, 1997 - July 19, 1997|
Jan. 11, 1998 - Jan. 24, 1998
|Required hardware||8M Memory Pack|
Excitebike: BunBun Mario Battle Stadium (エキサイトバイク ぶんぶんマリオバトルスタジアム) is an obscure remake/adaptation of the NES title, Excitebike. In this game, all human bikers were replaced with Mario characters. The game was somewhat based on the Mario Kart series. As a Satellaview title, Nintendo developed the video game and released four versions of it through the satellite download service operated by St.GIGA, each expanding on or replacing the features of the last.
There are four different episodes of the game, each adding a new character.
- Episode 1 featured: Mario, Luigi, and Toad.
- Episode 2 featured: Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Toad.
- Episode 3 featured: Mario, Luigi, Wario, Princess Peach, and Toad.
- Episode 4 featured: Mario, Yoshi, Wario, Princess Peach, and Toad.
There are six main characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Wario, and Yoshi. Red and Green Koopa Troopas appear as non-playable opponents.
Like many other Satellaview games, Excitebike was released in four installments.
|1997/05/11～1997/05/17||エキサイトバイク ぶんぶんマリオバトル スタジアム１||Excitebike BunBun Mario Battle Stadium 1|
|1997/05/18～1997/05/24||エキサイトバイク ぶんぶんマリオバトル スタジアム２||Excitebike BunBun Mario Battle Stadium 2|
Notably the list shows the second half of the series being released half a year later;
|1997/11/02～1997/11/08||エキサイトバイク ぶんぶんマリオバトル スタジアム３||Excitebike BunBun Mario Battle Stadium 3|
|1997/11/09～1997/11/15||エキサイトバイク ぶんぶんマリオバトル スタジアム４||Excitebike BunBun Mario Battle Stadium 4|
The likely time of broadcast was 7PM. The program may have re-aired various times, but exactly when or how many times is uncertain.
- In an episode of Satellawalker 2 - Satebou wo Sukuedase!, Excitebike's Event Plaza, the giant motorbike, is one of the decaying Event Plaza buildings hidden under the lake.
- Satellaview soundlink schedule info. Retrieved 2009-12-16.